DATE AND PECAN CAKE DELIGHT RECIPE
- 1 1/3 cups divided pecan halves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 egg
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 tblsp butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 16 ounce confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Coarsely chop 1 cup pecans and set aside.
- Now cool water and soda to room temperature and then combine them with dates.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, cream of tartar and salt and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together sugar and butter with a mixer at medium speed until combined.
- Now add egg and vanilla and beat it until it combines. Beat in the flour mixture and pour the batter in a greased 12 cup bundt pan.
- Now bake this batter in a preheated oven at 350 F for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
- Let the pan cool on the rack for about 10 minutes.
- Now remove the pan and let the cake cool on the rack itself.
- Mix all the ingredients together and pour it on the cake.
- Now garnish the cake with remaining pecans.
- The cake is ready to serve.