HERB ROASTED TURKEY WITH WINE
- 1 15 pound thawed turkey
- 2-3 tblsp olive oil
- 3 large lemons
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large limes
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 bunch marjoram
- 1 bunch fresh sage
- 1 bunch thyme
- Remove all visible far from the turkey including the giblets and the neck and reserve them for gravy.
- Rinse the turkey with cold running water and drain well. Soak all the water with the help of paper towels and blot it dry.
- Now peel the lemons and limes and obtain enough juice from them at least 2 tblsp from each. Then place the remaining lemons and limes in the cavity of the turkey and then sprinkle 1 tsp salt in the cavity.
- Mix brown sugar, wine and all the citrus juices in a small mixing bowl and reserve it for glazing.
- Without totally detaching the skin from the breast of the turkey, just loosen it and place 1 tblsp each of sage and marjoram under the skin and then replace the skin.
- Now fold the neck skin and hold it to the back with the help of the skewers. Return the legs to the tucked position and fold the wings behind the back.
- Rub the turkey with salt, pepper, and salad oil and put it in a large shallow roasting pan. Mow place it on the wire rack sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Now roast the turkey for about 3 to 3 1/2 hours in a preheated oven at 325 degrees and baste with the pan juices. Roast till the temperature of the thigh becomes 180 degrees.
- During the last 30 minutes of roasting, baste the turkey with citrus glaze and loosely cover with a lightweight foil to prevent the excessive browning.
- Now remove the turkey from the oven and allow it to stand for 15 to 20 minutes before carving.
- The herb roasted turkey with wine is ready.