THANKSGIVING STUFFED TURKEY
- 1 pound butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups minced peeled onions
- 21 pound turkey 1 whole turkey
- 2 cups minced celery
- 24 ounce seasoned bread stuffing
- 12 ounce corn bread stuffing
- First of all, melt butter in a frying pan and then cook onions and celery in it till it becomes soft and limp.
- Then add the chicken broth to it and heat to warm.
- Take a large mixing bowl and place breadcrumbs in it.
- While adding the hot liquid and vegetable mixture, toss the breadcrumbs lightly.
- Now remove the giblets and the neck and wash the turkey with cold water. Now blot it dry with the help of paper towels. Then rub salt and pepper on it.
- Spread the stuffing in the cavity of the turkey and pack it loosely.
- Now close the skin of the turkey with the help of skewers and tie the drumsticks together.
- Put the turkey in a roasting pan and then place it on the wire rack of the oven sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Baste it with 1/2 cup melted butter and cover it tightly with the aluminum foil, sealing the edges.
- Now roast the turkey in a preheated oven at 350 F, for about 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Baste the turkey once every hour with half cup melted butter and re-seal the foil again.
- If the turkey does not brown then remove the foil from the breast. Test for doneness and check the internal temperature after 3 1/2 hours.
- Now remove the turkey from wire rack and place it on the platter and allow it to stand for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
- Remove the stuffing to the serving bowl, the thanksgiving stuffed turkey is ready.