CRANBERRY GLAZED TURKEY RECIPE
- 12-14 pound thawed turkey
- 16 ounce jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 finely chopped medium sized onions
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Remove any visible fat from the turkey including the neck and giblets (discard livers) and keep aside for stock.
- Now wash the turkey properly with cold water and drain well. With the help of paper napkins, soak all the water.
- Tie the drumsticks together and twist wing tips behind back. Mow spray the wire roasting rack with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the turkey in a shallow pan breast side up and then onto the roasting wire rack, and cover it loosely with foil. Roast the turkey for 2 1/2 hours in an oven at 325 degrees, basting with pan juices.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and cook the onions with salt and pepper over medium flame for 15 minutes.
- Pour in the cranberry sauce and mix the sugar, stir it well and bring it to boil.
- Now reduce the heat to slow and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- Now remove the foil and glaze the turkey. Roast it for another 1/2 to 1 1/4 hour or till the temperature of the thigh becomes 180 degrees.
- Then remove the turkey from the oven and allow it to stand for 10-15 minutes before carving.
- The cranberry glazed roasted turkey is ready to serve.