MASHED POTATOES WITH CHIVES RECIPE
- 4 cups peeled and 1/2 inch diced potatoes
- 2 tblsp unsalted butter
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 head garlic
- 4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 4 tblsp chopped chives
- Roast the garlic and chop off the head from it. Now put some olive oil on it and put some salt.
- Replace the top and put some more olive oil on the outside.
- Now wrap this garlic head with a foil and roast nit in an oven for 30 to 40 minutes at 350 degree F.
- Now let it cool and then squeeze the roasted garlic paste out of the skins and keep it aside.
- Combine the potatoes, water and 1 tsp salt in a medium saucepan and cook it over high heat and bring it to boil.
- Now reduce the heat to medium-high and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until it turns soft and tender.
- Remove from heat and drain out the water. Now cook the potatoes again in the saucepan over medium heat and then add cream, roasted garlic paste, chives and the remaining 3 tsp of salt.
- Now add the white pepper and then mash it vigorously with the potato masher until smooth.
- Now mix the butter and remove from heat.
- Serve hot.