SWEET POTATO PIE RECIPE
- 2 to 8 inch pastry for pie
- 2 cups cooked and sieved sweet potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/4 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tblsp molasses
- Grated rind of an orange
- Place the pastry in 2 to 8 inch pie plates.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Then add sweet potatoes, salt, sugar, spices, orange rind, milk and molasses and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shells.
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees and bake for 10 minutes and then reduce the heat to 325 degree F.
- Now bake it for another 30 minutes or until the filling appears set except for about 2 inches at the center when the pies are shaken very gently.