SWEET YAM DELIGHT RECIPE
- 3 medium yams cut in half
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp sifted flour
- 1 tsp soft tub margarine
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp orange peel
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Boil the half cut yams for about 20 minutes until they become tender.
- Let them cool. Then peel them off and slice them into 1/4-inch thickness.
- Now combine sugar, salt, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and grated orange peel.
- Take a medium sized casserole dish and place half the yams in it. Now sprinkle with spiced sugar syrup and spread half the margarine over it.
- Now add another layer of yams, using the same ingredients as above. Also add orange juice.
- Bake it uncovered in an oven, preheated to 350 degree F for about 20 minutes.
- Serve it hot.