TURKEY SOUP RECIPE
- 1 1/2 cup chopped cooked turkey
- 3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 tsp crushed dried thyme
- 2 cups dried wide noodles
- 2 tblsp lemon juice
- 1 1/3 cup yellow summer squash
- 1 medium onion cut into thin wedges
- Combine chicken broth, turkey, celery, carrots, onion, water and dried thyme in a large saucepan.
- Boil this mixture and then reduce the heat. Simmer, keeping the mixture covered for about 15 minutes.
- Now stir in the noodles and squash and cook it for another 10 to 12 minutes, till the noodles become tender.
- Then stir in the lemon juice and the fresh thyme.
- Cook for another 1 minute keeping the saucepan uncovered.
- Serve the turkey soup hot.