CREAMED SPINACH RECIPE
Here is delicious recipe of cream spinach to make at home on this thanksgiving. This is a perfect recipe to follow to make sumptuous cream spinach for your thanksgiving dinner main course.
- 10 oz. bag frozen chopped spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tblsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 tblsp butter / margarine
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 4 oz. low fat cream cheese
- 2 clove minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tblsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups fat free milk
- 3/4 tsp salt
- A dash of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp freshly crushed black pepper
- Take a large pan and on a medium – low heat the butter.
- Then add the chopped onion and garlic and cook them till they are soft. This should take roughly 5 – 6 minutes. Make sure not to burn them.
- Now add the flour and mix well and cook for another minute.
- Lower the heat and add the milk, cheese, grated nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Now add cream cheese and mix till it has a smooth consistency.
- Add spinach leaves and mix well with the sauce. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Cook for another minute and then switch off the heat and Serve hot.