- 4 washed and dried medium apples
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 pound unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 1 tblsp corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and water in heavy-bottomed saucepan and stir it well.
- Now insert a small stick in the stem of each apple and set aside on waxed paper.
- Cook this mixture over medium heat and don’t stir the mixture until it becomes a deep, golden amber color. Then remove it from heat.
- Beat in the butter in this mixture with the help of a wooden spoon. After this, stir in the cream and add salt.
- Now dip 1 apple at a time in the caramel so that they are completely and evenly coated and again keep them on the waxed paper and let them cool and harden.
- Caramel apples are ready to serve.